In later life we still want to laugh, love and be needed. We want to stay independent and keep doing the things we enjoy and that matter to us. Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly believes in a world where everyone can live well and love later life.
Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly are the leading independent charity in Cornwall and IOS working to improve the wellbeing of people in later life, working within our Living Well principles, we strive to support individuals to live the life they want to live to the best of their abilities.
Through a network of trained staff, volunteers and community support, we aim to engage those who feel retracted from their community and engage them through support, friendship and interaction.
There are a host of supportive services offered by Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly, below we list just a few:
- Four dedicated day centres to promote security, friendships and a regular hot meal
- Befriending service providing regular interaction to combat isolation and loneliness
- Community transport (TAP) with a network of volunteer drivers enabling independence and support for non-emergency journeys
- Nail cutting service to enable foot wellbeing, balance and stability.
- Home care service for that extra pair of hands to help at home or to go out and about with company
- Product & Services for independence: mobility scooters, stair lifts, bathing
- Personal Alarms to promote safety with independence in your own home
- Benefits Advice and Information with entitlements and application forms
But how can you help us? You can support Age UK Cornwall by:
- Holding a sponsorship event or activity to raise funds locally yourself.
- Become a volunteer. We are always in need of befrienders, advocates and volunteer drivers.
- Making a Donation to the charity no matter how big or small – every penny really does help.
- Leaving us a legacy within your will to ensure that our vital services and support can carry forward for years to come.
Previous legacies have enabled Age UK Cornwall to purchase a community bus, this community bus has now replaced a withdrawn council bus service and in the last year it has provided a vital community link for over 6,000 passengers to access local services such as GP appointments, food shops and socialising with their community.
If you would like any further information on getting involved within your community or leaving a gift or legacy to our charity, please contact Donna Darby at Age UK Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly, Boscawen House, Chapel Hill, Truro, TR1 3BN. Tel: 01872 266388.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also donate now to Age UK Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly.
Address: Boscawen House
Charity Number: 900542