Volunteer Cornwall is a charity dedicated to building social capital and developing the wellbeing and resilience of individuals and communities in Cornwall. It does this by working in collaboration with a wide range of organisations to promote active citizenship covering emotional, social, environmental and economic needs and opportunities in Cornwall.
Volunteer Cornwall’s specific aims are:
- To enable people in Cornwall to be involved in their communities through engaging in voluntary activities and mutual aid;
- To develop, support and promote activities and partnerships in Cornwall that involve volunteers;
- To assist with the development of skills and knowledge that the volunteer might require when undertaking their activities;
- To support vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals and families become resilient and participate in social activities;
- To assist with the development of host organisations, meeting their needs while promoting good practice in the deployment of volunteers;
- To work with partners on improving and developing services for people and communities.
In furtherance of these aims, it has the following objectives:
- To increase and promote the number of volunteering opportunities across a broad spectrum of areas including, health & wellbeing, children & young people, older people, environment & conservation, culture & leisure etc.;
- To work with partners at a strategic level to develop active citizens;
- To develop volunteers and host organisations;
- Support people to collaborate and be active in their community;
- To increase volunteering to support public services;
- To develop innovative projects to support individuals and communities;
- To develop Volunteer Cornwall as a quality organisation; individuals, teams and practices;
- To raise the profile of active citizenship and the work of Volunteer Cornwall.
Address: Volunteer Cornwall
Tel: 01872 265305
Charity Number: 1069957